Trend Study Chemical Recycling
For the second edition of this Trend Study, ecoprog has tracked close to 180 chemical recycling plants and projects around the world. Market information that spans over a period of 8 years has been analysed to gain insights about this technology.
Chemical recycling involves splitting up of polymer chains into their monomers and using them for respective applications. In a way, it is projected to promote circularity for plastic waste that cannot be treated through traditional recycling methods. Furthermore, material recycling which is often affiliated with downcycling, is alleged to be prevented by chemical recycling.
However, the current standards for traditional recycling set higher barriers for the establishment of chemical recycling. With many uncertainties, including its associated CO2 footprint and classification, the future of chemical recycling is also being questioned by specific organisations.
The updated Trend Study Chemical Recycling includes:
- A description of the technologies and implementation of chemical recycling, and an outlook on their strengths and weaknesses compared to traditional methods.
- An analysis of key factors and trends in the global plastic production and recycling market with regard to chemical recycling.
- An account of nearly 180 chemical recycling plants and projects worldwide, including descriptions of capacities, inputs and technologies (as far as known).
- An outlook in terms of their market regions and an analysis of the key competitors in this market.
- Free add-on: a monthly update in the form of short news on chemical recycling and an MS Excel file including plants and projects (abbreviated version) for the first 12 months.
Phone +49 221 788 03 88-17